ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   In Depth Nutrition (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Lactose Intolerance? (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84438)

riddik83 03-03-2007 11:55 PM

Lactose Intolerance?

Whats the best type of whey to take for someone who's lactose intolerant?

DirtbagDan 03-04-2007 01:26 AM

Re: Lactose Intolerance?

Any whey is generally fine, as it doesn't have the lactose level that milk does. I am slightly lactose intolerant, so I have found all whey is fine for me when it comes to that. If it's a problem for you, try looking for whey proteins that have the lactase enzyme and other digestive enzymes in the mix to help your body in digesting the stuff.

GMUnit 03-04-2007 02:31 AM

Isolate usually doesn't cause much of a problem for people as opposed to regular whey etc.

riddik83 03-04-2007 04:36 PM

thx for the replies

President Wilson 03-05-2007 05:15 AM

pro score is lactose free

Gibbster 03-06-2007 05:07 PM

I for one really question the issue of lactose intolerance.

Personally, if I haven't been drinking milk for awhile and I start again, I spend a lot of time on the toilet. However, if I keep it up for a few days to a week, it goes away and all is fine.

I think you just need to let the body get used to digesting the lactose and all will be well.

I'm not stating this as fact and would love to hear from someone who has tried dairy for more than a week of regular consumption and was still intolerant.

Selffortress 03-06-2007 10:57 PM

Same here Gibbster.

LocalRedHead 02-17-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbster (Post 813124)
I for one really question the issue of lactose intolerance.

Personally, if I haven't been drinking milk for awhile and I start again, I spend a lot of time on the toilet. However, if I keep it up for a few days to a week, it goes away and all is fine.

I think you just need to let the body get used to digesting the lactose and all will be well.

I'm not stating this as fact and would love to hear from someone who has tried dairy for more than a week of regular consumption and was still intolerant.

Not to dig up an old thread but I thought I could provide some input on this. I'm lactose intolerant, but still able to eat some cheeses and sometimes it bothers me while other times it doesn't.

The explanation (straight from my doctor) is that your body does not produce the enzyme required to digest lactose at a constant rate. In fact, the body may produce higher amounts of the enzyme during different parts of the year and is prone to fluctuate on a week by week basis.

He said that as the body gets older the amount of fluctuation in folks who are lactose intolerant increases.

To go back to the quoted statement above; I have no doubt that badgering the body with milk products will tend to make it try and produce more of the required enzymes. However, I would also argue that the backlash from that prolonged exposure to milk would be more severe in the long term if you have problems with lactose to begin with.

Jemimasmith 06-18-2013 09:42 AM

god to read the post you written here.. but i just want to know ..is there no solution to this problem as there are many product into market to change the genetic of the physique to mold in whatever the manner you wish to look ....