ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   HYPERplasia Research (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Loose Skin Theory (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79566)

hoffmag2 06-21-2006 05:49 AM

Loose Skin Theory

Hello everyone. This is my first post, but I must admit I'm not new to ABC Bodybuilding. I have actually been "creeping" on the site for almost three years now... I decided to finally take the plunge and join because I want some input on the issue of loose skin.

I have been plagued by loose skin for a few years now. At times I wonder if it will ever go away. However, recently while searching online I came upon an article that said with further fat loss the skin would tighten up naturally. The article said that most people don't go all of the way with fat loss and stop without realizing there is still a significant amount of fat under the skin, and by losing the fat the skin would tighten. This goes against the common belief that the skin has to be surgically removed because skin only has so much elasticity. How do you feel about this theory?

PrimateScientist 06-22-2006 06:03 PM

Re: Loose Skin Theory

This should become apparent as you progress in your training.

Building muscle in flabby areas can help you gain some idea as to the quantity of additional tissue that is actually present in that area. After the baseline of muscle mass is established you can try fat loss methods to see if the amount of additional tissue changes.

Streetman 06-23-2006 10:14 AM

I'll let you know in 12 weeks, when I'm at 7.5%. So far I've lost 100 pounds. The skin has tightened a lot in the last year, but not all the way. Plus, I'm still carrying some weight in the gut which is weighing it down.

I'm thinking I'll stay at less than 10% for a year. After that, if it's not gone, THEN I'll look into going under the knife.

And not sure that I'll even get cut open then.

Growth In Motion 06-23-2006 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far I've lost 100 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done bro! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rickck48 06-23-2006 09:36 PM

Skin or no skin,,you guys have really done well,,,my compliments. We will hope your further muscle bulking will elp but your determination helps already. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

War5475 06-24-2006 04:22 AM

Yes this is correct. For proof you only have to look at the old films of holocost victims. None of them have loose skin and alot of the them were over weight to begin with.

The two keys are slow wieght loss, and Low bf % If you loose the weight fast it will just take more time for it to go away.

klosey 06-26-2006 02:54 PM

look at pro's they go from 4% bf and some like markus ruhl etc go upto 16% off season and they have zero loose skin and they go up and down all year so whats that tell you

Down 2 Die 07-10-2006 05:18 PM

This isn't calling into play the fact that there are thousands of other people in the world who have loose skin. You both just dismissed it as if it weren't a problem. What does the Holocaust have to do with this? They were starved and forced into labor, and were extremely ill. You are comparing victims of an industrial killing machine to somebody who has done a lot of cardio.

War5475 07-10-2006 05:42 PM

Were not dismissing the problem. We just stated that you have to get your bf% low enough.

When you loose fat. The cells arent used up evenly. Your body takes from here and there. Leaving gaps and spaces in the fat deposits. This is what causes the loose skin. The skin cant shrink back all the way because of the fat thats still there. They may have lost 300 pounds but still may need to loose 35 to 50 extra pounds of fat to get rid of the last bit of fat cells so the skin can shrink back.