ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   HYPERplasia Research (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   creatine: dehydration and heat illness *DELETED* (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78479)

ryancostill 05-04-2006 04:30 PM

creatine: dehydration and heat illness *DELETED*

Post deleted by ryancostill

rickck48 05-04-2006 10:12 PM

Re: creatine: dehydration and heat illness

I see nothing here that makes me think I should not use Creatine. Which sounds good, I load almost everyday, can you overload on Creaitne? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

slackie911 05-04-2006 11:29 PM

not to be a sour grape, but when i first tried creatine (following the protocol correctly) i did experience muscle cramps, mostly in my hamstrings. i went from practically NEVER cramping up to getting one muscle cramp every week or so. this may have been due to a lack of water. just giving my personal experience...

ryancostill 05-05-2006 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I load almost everyday, can you overload on Creaitne? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Overloading will do you no good at all. After a five day loading period you muscle content will be approaching saturation point. Continuing to load (4-5 doses a day) will not further increase your muscle creatine content and the majority of the ingested creatine will simply be excreted. This will place your kidneys under some stress. Also you will be wasting money. After a 5 day loading period, 1 dose a day is necessary to maintain your muscle creatine levels. You can increase this to 2 doses per day on workout days.

Awesome 05-05-2006 09:56 PM

It's like trying to pack even more sugar into kool-aid as a kid. After a certain point...you just can't get anymore in there. In both cases it just ends up as waste.

ryancostill 06-14-2006 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to be a sour grape, but when i first tried creatine (following the protocol correctly) i did experience muscle cramps, mostly in my hamstrings. i went from practically NEVER cramping up to getting one muscle cramp every week or so. this may have been due to a lack of water. just giving my personal experience...

[/ QUOTE ]

Always interesting to hear personal experiences. Do you think you may not have been properly hydrated when this was happening? Can you remember if you increased your water intake when you began loading with creatine?

klosey 06-14-2006 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I load almost everyday, can you overload on Creaitne? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Overloading will do you no good at all. After a five day loading period you muscle content will be approaching saturation point. Continuing to load (4-5 doses a day) will not further increase your muscle creatine content and the majority of the ingested creatine will simply be excreted. This will place your kidneys under some stress.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] there we go im screwed lol