ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   HYPERplasia Research (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   BB in football terminology... (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77813)

newbuilder 04-11-2006 10:23 PM

BB in football terminology...

This is from my journal froma few years ago. I am posting for anyone that my be helped by it. Please advise if it is in wrong forum.

[ QUOTE ]
This is an idea I came up with. I am thinking of posting it at the gym.

I have been trying to come up with a way to visualize bb as a sport. While doing my half-hour cardio today I came up with a silly, but effective idea:

Bodybuilding in Football terms.

I have come up with offense, defense, and special teams analogies -

OFFENSE = DIET
I chose diet as the offense because diet is really difficult, but playing offense is usually exciting , so I will try to make dieting exciting! Plus, I think this is where most the bbing goals are made or broken.

OFFENSIVE LINE = VEGGIES (FIBEROUS GREENS)
Much underappreciated, but essential. They move everything along in the diet, contain awesome vitamins, and more!

WIDE RECEIVERS = PROTEINS ( FISH, TUNAFISH, TURKEYBREAST)
These three guys can really score big points for the team. Awesome, but expensive, protein sources and muscle builders

BACKFIELD = PROTEINS (EGG WHITES, CHICKEN BREAST)
A powerhouse backfield. These two primary protein sources are easy to get and are always go to's. Once in a while when one or the other gets tired, WHEY PROTEIN will sub in.

QUARTERBACK = WATER
Of course, the necessity

SPECIAL TEAMS KICK/PUNT RETURNS = COMPLEX CARBS (OATMEAL, RICE, POTATOES)
When you need good field position (I am equating this with energy level) carbs will be there to give it.

SPEACIAL TEAMS KICKER = EFA's
Fats, essential for the extra point or the field goal.

DEFENSE = TRAINING
I put them as defense because they protect what you put in to your body!

FRONT LINE = SQUATS
the most powerful players, and a powerful exercise.

DEFENSIVE ENDS = DEADLIFT
Another set of tough guys, another tough exercise

LINEBACKERS = ALL OTHER COMPOUNDS
Bench press, cleans, Shoulder press, Leg press, Rows. These finish off the primary core of the defense. If you are strong here, nothing will get by.

CORNERS = ISOLATION MOVEMENTS
Curls, extensions, raises. These are not the core, but if you really want results, make sure these are tight.

SAFTEY = CARDIO
Of course, there are cases when all the hard work of the rest of the defense doesn't quite do all the work, so the cardio comes in to polish it off.

HALFTIME/PERIOD ENDING/TIMEOUTS = SLEEP
Have to have it or else you can't play.

COACH = ABC BODYBUILDING (Or all of the new information to be gathered every day!)

THE OPPONENT = HUMAN WEAKNESS
We all have it, it is whatever holds us back from acheiving our goals!

THE GOAL = WHATEVER YOUR TRAINING GOALS MAY BE!

...Well, there it is. If you have any additions to make, by all means! Hope it helps out!

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Venom 04-12-2006 12:00 AM

Re: BB in football terminology...

[ QUOTE ]
OFFENSIVE LINE = VEGGIES (FIBEROUS GREENS)
Much underappreciated, but essential. They move everything along in the diet, contain awesome vitamins, and more!

WIDE RECEIVERS = PROTEINS ( FISH, TUNAFISH, TURKEYBREAST)
These three guys can really score big points for the team. Awesome, but expensive, protein sources and muscle builders

BACKFIELD = PROTEINS (EGG WHITES, CHICKEN BREAST)
A powerhouse backfield. These two primary protein sources are easy to get and are always go to's. Once in a while when one or the other gets tired, WHEY PROTEIN will sub in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I litterally laughed out loud on those three. Hillarious. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Especially the awesome but expensive part. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

l0stsheep 04-12-2006 01:27 AM

Re: BB in football terminology...

This is really good! Great man! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]