ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bodybuilding Recipes (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Venom Protein Bars (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77453)

Venom 04-01-2006 09:45 AM

Venom Protein Bars

Everyone seems to talk about this daily, so I thought it would be helpful to just make a post people could link to. If you have variations of this, or what have you, please post them!

Venom's protein bars:
I have been testing around with this. They definitely can be helpful when traveling, etc.

Still working on a perfect formula, but I came up with a good one, without honey! Here is what I did:

2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter
cup of oatmeal
60 grams of whey
a little over a cup of water
Mix
Smooth out in a saucer pan
Refrigerate
Eat!

Tastes excellent to me, and without all the sugars like fructose. Stuck together rather nicely. Going to slice them up, toss them in a bag, and bring um with me the next time I go out.

Also, I heat up the PB for 30 seconds first. I add some cinnamon at the end too.

And I have not yet, but if you have problems with it sticking, just add more whey, PB, oatmeal, one or a combination of them, or less water, to see what works for you. Might want to add the water slowly, mix, and see how the texture is before you add more.

Here are some quotes that should help guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I heat up the PB for 30 seconds first. I add some cinnamon at the end too.

And I have not yet, but if you have problems with it sticking, just add more whey, PB, oatmeal, one or a combination of them, or less water, to see what works for you. Might want to add the water slowly, mix, and see how the texture is before you add more

You can add some splenda as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
macros:
2 tbsp natty heaven in a jar 200 8 8 16
1/2 cup oats 150 5 27 3
2 scoops whey 227 44 6 3
total 577 57 41 22

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
how long could these bars last for before the whey goes bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually leave it in the fridge overnight. Should not be a problem for a couple of days.

wordlife 04-01-2006 10:29 AM

Re: Venom Protein Bars

Thanks Venom. I've been messing around with it a bit, but the best I did was just adding some nuts and covering each bar with low calorie concentrated choclate solution.

Adam Knowlden 04-02-2006 07:41 AM

I can't wait to try these with cookies and cream whey!

Thanks Venom!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dalvare1 04-03-2006 03:15 AM

I made a batch of these the first time you posted the recipe! they are great, and so easy to make!

RikerKirk 04-03-2006 05:50 AM

I think there are millions to be made by mass producing and selling these bars!

One thing that commercial bars have is tons of sugar. Thats what makes Venom Bars vastly superior.

I enjoy these on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

MJR 04-03-2006 06:50 AM

dude these are genius!

HockyMan17 04-06-2006 09:04 AM

So I'm having a little bit of difficulty with the venom bars. I made the bars to the T and put them on a pan and threw them in the fridge over night. About 12 hours later I busted them out and they smelled awesome and were pretty hard. However, once I started getting under them with a spatula I noticed that they hadn't hardened all the way through. Now this is not to say that they were uneatable.. I ended up rolling it into a ball and putting it into a baggie and munching on it later but do your guys bars stay rigid like a power bar? Any ideas on how I can fix this if they're supposed to?

Thanks guys.

Anthony Lapham 04-07-2006 07:55 AM

more nuts or an extra adding etc?

GMUnit 04-07-2006 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm having a little bit of difficulty with the venom bars. I made the bars to the T and put them on a pan and threw them in the fridge over night. About 12 hours later I busted them out and they smelled awesome and were pretty hard. However, once I started getting under them with a spatula I noticed that they hadn't hardened all the way through. Now this is not to say that they were uneatable.. I ended up rolling it into a ball and putting it into a baggie and munching on it later but do your guys bars stay rigid like a power bar? Any ideas on how I can fix this if they're supposed to?

Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

you could try a pan that is less deep.

GiddyUp 04-08-2006 07:12 PM

Well I made my first batch today. What is the breakdown of the entire thing? And I think I'm addicted from just licking the bowl!!! How long do you guys refridgerate?