ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Members' Discussion: (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official quote thread (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73500)

Qester 11-23-2005 04:32 AM

Official quote thread

This thread will be the offical quote thread, reply with any quotes that you would like to be seen in this post that is not already included. Quotes for Motivation, God, Love, and the like are all welcome

pain is weakness leaving the body

You my friend have got a little Captain in you

Bodybuilding - passion - pain - perfection - MuscleTech

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time - Mark Twain

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion. - Muhammad Ali

Happiness is as a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. - Nathaniel Hawthorne

Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. - Robert Heinlein

A true friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

I am not afraid of dying, I am afraid of not living.

Hone your skills for the better. Try to extend your probity to its maximum. Dissimulate yourself from being around malicious reprobates, belligerent ideas and any person that can deviate your life, in an exasperating fatuous fashion. Live a passionate life, by being perceptive of the beauty, goodness and righteousness of everything. Never let the equivocal conduct of this world bring you down. Don't let arduous things get in the way of the goals to your success. Build a strong affinity towards love, honesty, uprightness, and the nature of consummate happiness.

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. - I Corinthians 13:4-8

Success comes before work....only in the dictionary.

This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my (!@#$%^&*) six hours a day. What are you on? - Lance Armstrong

i'm a perfectionist in area of my life, including my body, and it's wrong - Natalie Imbruglia

Expectation is the breeding ground of miracles"

The word of God is shallow enough for the newest believer to swim and not drown, yet deep enough for the most advanced theologian to dive and never touch bottom

God made Jesus of no reputation, he sure isn't worried about yours - Rick Warren

Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box. - Italian Proverb

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. - Wayne Gretkzy

When anger rises, think of the consequences. - Con***ius

He who loves the world as his body may be entrusted with the empire. - Lao-tzu

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that! - Matt Frewer

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve. - Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

As for courage and will - we cannot measure how much of each lies within us, we can only trust there will be sufficient to carry through trials which may lie ahead. - Andre Norton

Character may be manifested in the great moments, but it is made in the small ones. - Phillip Brooks

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. - Carl Gustav Jung

Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. - Harriet Beecher Stowe

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing that you will make one. - Ellen Hubbard

We must become the change we want to see. - Mahatma Gandhi

Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it. - Winston Churchill, Sir

Gods coming back ... Look Busy

Soldiers are men...most apt for all manner of services and best able to support and endure the infinite toils and continual hazards of war. - Henry Knyvett

Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave. Therefore do not take lightly the perils of war. - Thucydides

Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all that he can. - Henry Drummond

The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well - Sir Willaim Osler

Success is more attitude than aptitude

Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones - Chinese Proverb

Pray to God, but row for land - Russian Proverb

To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. - Ken S. Keyes Jr.

Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going. - Jim Ryun

Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true. - Honore de Balzac

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27:17

Never interrupt another but hear him out. There are certain individuals from whom little information is to be desired such as use wanton, obscene or profane language. - Stonewall Jackson

Endeavor to be at peace with all men - Stonewall Jackson

You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't.

The one who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones

Accept that some days your the bird, and some days your the statue.

it does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when
you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

the lord closes windows to open doors

No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic!

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. - Muhammed Ali

If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize. - Muhammed Ali

Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
-Muhammed Ali

Start wide, expand further, and never look back. - Arnold

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. - Arnold

The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that. - Arnold

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi

Natural laws have no pity. - Lazarus Long

In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard. - Theodore Roosevelt

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. - Mark Twain

Making an animal of yourself relieves the pain of being a man. - Manciata

Three failures denote uncommon strength. A weakling has not enough grit to fail thrice. - Minna Thomas Antrim

But we have to understand why we do what we do, not just do what we do. Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. - Michael “Pinball” Clemons

Don't feel the weights, let the weights feel you - Chittle

If the trains coming, get off the tracks - Chittle

Mess with the bull, get hit by the horns - Chittle

The superior man is modest in his speech." but exceeds in his actions. - CON***IUS

The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince.

Somewhere there is a little girl warming up with your max...

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are “it might have been”

I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field.

I've never known anybody to achieve anything without overcoming adversity."

Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

Dare to be remarkable.

The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life.

There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.

Life is way to short for all the time that we kill

A better tomorrow takes your best today!

Winners are losers who got up and gave it just one more try

You'll never become a failure until you fail to try!

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

He is able who thinks he is able.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.

Try and fail, but don't fail to try.

Excellence can be obtained if you:
...care more than others think is wise;
...risk more than others think is safe;
...dream more than others think is practical;
...expect more than others think is possible.

A leader is not an administrator who loves to run others, but someone who carries water for his people so that they can get on with their jobs

To lead the people, walk behind them.

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.

Nothing to it, but to do it. - Ronnie Coleman

To know what people really think, pay regard to what they do, rather than what they say. -Rene Descartes

Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems. -Rene Descartes

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies but not the madness of people. -Isaac Newton

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."-Archimedes

The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to
discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God
and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics.
-Johaans Kepler

Ain't nothin' but a peanut."
-Ronnie Coleman

Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no
heavy-(!@#$%^&*) weights."
-Ronnie Coleman

Always be prepared to be alone and a little scared, but never down on love

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious" - Vince Lombardi

I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth. -Unknown

If you cant work with your body when your alive how can you when your dead? -Anthony lapham

Bodybuilding isnt 90 minutes in the gym... Its a lifestyle.- Lee Priest.

If your on the right track dont spoil it by sitting there... Youll only get ran over...- Unknown

Courage is not the absence of fear. It is going forward with the face of fear. -Abraham Lincoln

The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated. -Mark McCormack

Psychologists tell us that money is a satisfier, not a motivator... Recognition is. That’s why we do what we do... Recognition is critical to self-esteem. Without it, we feel undervalued, even insignificant. Money is nice, sure. But once you establish a basis of monetary rewards, without the accompanying verbal and social affirmation, the employee will quickly become disgruntled and ask for more. Eventually, more will never be enough. -John Baldoni

Trainers use humor to point out negative behaviors in ways that teach rather than preach. Mediators tell us that the right joke, or the right moment of levity, can reduce tensions to the point that two adversaries can sit down at the table to consider the possibility of agreement.
So why does humor work? Because it shatters preconceptions at the moment when people are forming new perceptions—about their work, their spouse, or life itself. Laughter is a release; it is a moment of sheer pleasure. And in our world of tension and turmoil, the belly laugh is a physical escape valve. Choosing the humor is another matter. We live an era of the put-down, the snide aside, the searing retort. These comments do have their place, but all too often they make us laugh at someone else’s expense. Good humor, nourishing humor for example, enables us to laugh at ourselves for being human. It serves as a window into our souls - John Baldoni

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength. -Corrie Ten Boom

Two roads diverged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. - Albert Einstein

I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice. - Albert Einstein

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. - Albert Einstein

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible. - Albert Einstein

The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.- Albert Einstein

Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it. - Albert Einstein

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein

Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein

Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater- Albert Einstein

I set my standards pretty low, so i'm never dissapointed- Devils Rejects

He must increase, but I must decrease. -John the Baptist

Once there was a man who dared God to speak: Burn this Bush like you did for Moses God. And I will follow. Collapse the walls like you did for Joshua, God. And I will fight. Still the waves like you did on Galilee, God. And I will listen.
And so the man sat by a bush, near a wall, close to the sea and waited for God to speak.
And God heard the man, so God answered. He sent fire, not for a bush, but for a church. He brought down a wall, not of brick, but of sin. He stilled a storm, not of the sea, but of a soul.
And God waited for the man to respond. And he waited...and waited.
But because the man was looking at bushes, not hearts; bricks and not lives, seas and not souls, he decided that God had done nothing.
Finally he looked to God and asked, Have you lost your Power?
And God looked at him and said, Have you lost your hearing?"
-Max Lucado

I gotta do more -Lou Ferrigno

It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life.
Chief Ten Bears

If you aim for nothing you will always hit nothing -Zig Zigler

If you live like no one else than you CAN LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE -Dave Ramsey

It is better to risk dying living, than to live one's entire life dying! Unknown

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a ride!!" Unknown

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Unknown

When you turn to God you discover He has been facing you all the time. Zig Ziggler

You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw

We cannot truly face life until we face the fact that it will be taken away from us. Billy Graham

It's hard to beat a person who never gives up. Babe Ruth

God does not ask about our ability, but our availability. Unknown

There comes a time in a man's life when to get where he has to go - if there are no doors or windows he walks through a wall. Bernard Malamud

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever. Mahatma Ghandi

Life and love, like any machine, are not 100% efficient. Always expect to put more in than you will get out. 10forty2

"The truth I’ve discovered is that you don’t have to lift enormous weights to grow muscle. By using stricter form, slower negatives, and stretching between sets you can get an incredible pump in all your workouts. Numbers are an abstraction, especially to muscles. Your body doesn’t know the absolute weight of what you lift, it only recognizes how heavy it feels. The secret is to make lighter weights feel heavier. "
- Frank Zane

"The thing that should not be"
-Metallica

I am like a camera. I use my negatives to develop...

"Its not the desire to win that counts, hell everyboby has that, its the desire to prepare to win, thats what matters."
Paul "BEAR" Bryant

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." ---Anthony Robbins

Eat Good, Train Everyday, Die Anyway.

"He who is willing to sacrifice liberty for a small measure of safety deserves neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Life is manifest only by action. All growth depends on activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work. Work is not a curse, it is the prerogative of intelligence, the only means to manhood, and the measure of civilization. "
- Calvin Coolidge

"Endurance" begins with pain

"Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym."

"Never, never, never quit." - Winston Churchill

"Better to be poor than a liar." - Proverbs

off with your sofa units and serine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may" - Tyler Durden

"All right, if the applicant is young, tell him he's too young. Old, too old. Fat, too fat. If the applicant then waits for three days without food, shelter, or encouragement he may then enter and begin his training." - Tyler Durden

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God **** it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy (!@#$%^&*) we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off" - Tyler Durden

"Its not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything" - Tyler Durden

And this one really speaks to me:

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your (!@#$%^&*) khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world" - Tyler Durden

"Dont let anybody ever tell you that you need more than one" Barney Fife

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..." (General John Sedgwick, battle of Spotsylvania, 1864)

It takes a strong man to lift consistently
But it takes a stronger man to realise a problem, and stop lifting to make amends

"Every man dies. Not every man lives."
-William Wallace

The virtue of all achievement is victory over oneself. Those who know this can never know defeat- AJ Cronin

Give, but never give up

The strong do what they will, the weak do what they must.

You either make dust or you eat it.

maczuk 11-23-2005 12:41 PM

Re: Official quote thread

Always be prepared to be alone and a little scared, but never down on love.

jlands 11-23-2005 02:06 PM

That's all great, but quotes means you are quoting someone. How are you quoting them if you don't reference them or give them credit?

JTiger 11-23-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's all great, but quotes means you are quoting someone. How are you quoting them if you don't reference them or give them credit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they are quotes, it is implied that they are not our own work. Take it easy.

Venom 11-23-2005 05:24 PM

Wow! What a fantastic post. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think referencing would be a great idea such as:

Nothing to it, but to do it. --- Ronnie Coleman

Thanks again!

Coz 11-23-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow! What a fantastic post. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think referencing would be a great idea such as:

Nothing to it, but to do it. --- Ronnie Coleman

Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ronnie does have some awesome quotes!

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no
heavy-(!@#$%^&*) weights."
-Ronnie Coleman

...and this one makes me laugh all the time;

"Ain't nothin' but a peanut."
-Ronnie Coleman

SuperTerrorizer 11-23-2005 05:41 PM

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious" - Vince Lombardi

ryancostill 11-23-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO Vince Lombardi is the master of classic motivational quotes. This one is so true for anyone who has scored, even just one, body shattering victory in their life.

SuperTerrorizer 11-23-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO Vince Lombardi is the master of classic motivational quotes. This one is so true for anyone who has scored, even just one, body shattering victory in their life.

[/ QUOTE ]

That quote means a lot to me because I feel that way when I lay on my couch after a hard workout.

11-23-2005 09:39 PM

Could God make a barbell so heavy that even he couldn't deadlift it? - Me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]