ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Female Specific Athletic Forum (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Delts! (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67888)

Tuf 06-04-2005 11:21 AM

Delts!

Here is a variation of side laterals that I decided to try this week--I think it is awesome! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Incline Face Forward Side Lateral Raises:

Lie face forward on an incline bench, keeping both feet flat on the floor for a strong base of support. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other. In a controlled manner, raise the dumbbells out and up to each side, just above shoulder height, turning your wrists so that the back of the dumbbell is slightly higher than the front (as if you were pouring water out of a pitcher). Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, pausing momentarily to minimize the use of momentum to swing the weights back up, and then begin your next repetition.

I had done incline front dumbbell raises before and loved the way they isolated my front delts, so I decided to try side laterals in that position. It's great! In my workout today, after I completed several sets of these side lateral raises, I did several sets of L-lateral raises in this same incline face forward position and that worked great too. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Imy85 06-04-2005 03:37 PM

Re: Delts!

Sounds interesting!

dave12345 06-04-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a variation of side laterals that I decided to try this week--I think it is awesome! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Incline Face Forward Side Lateral Raises:

Lie face forward on an incline bench, keeping both feet flat on the floor for a strong base of support. Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other. In a controlled manner, raise the dumbbells out and up to each side, just above shoulder height, turning your wrists so that the back of the dumbbell is slightly higher than the front (as if you were pouring water out of a pitcher). Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the starting position, pausing momentarily to minimize the use of momentum to swing the weights back up, and then begin your next repetition.

I had done incline front dumbbell raises before and loved the way they isolated my front delts, so I decided to try side laterals in that position. It's great! In my workout today, after I completed several sets of these side lateral raises, I did several sets of L-lateral raises in this same incline face forward position and that worked great too. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS I have done, it is great, it greatly reduces cheating..

it however hits my rear delts a lot more than normal side raises, ESPECIALLY with that tilt you give the dumbell, that tilt is like the rear delt fryer.

YouFiz 06-04-2005 09:00 PM

sounds like fun.. i will give that a go tuf

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nicoledominique 06-04-2005 09:42 PM

Sounds awesome - delts are one of my favorite muscles to work on, so I'll be sure to give it a go!

Adam Knowlden 06-05-2005 12:05 AM

I love these at a 45 degree angle. Really targets the posterior and lateral delt tie-ins!

Great tip Tuf!

FayeB 06-05-2005 02:39 AM

Isn't that exercise called prone incline db laterals? Errm.. that's what I call them anyhow. Great shoulder exercise! I LOVE LOVE LOVE working my shoulders!