ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Female Specific Athletic Forum (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I need major help..... (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67720)

fitgirl01 05-31-2005 03:59 PM

I need major help.....

Hi girls!!! I have a major issue that it is driving me crazy. This is my situation . Ever since my body fat went below 21% my "menstruation" is not the same anymore. When I'm "supposed" to get it I don't get it. and if I do get it , it will be for a couple of days, then it will go away and come back 2 or 3 days later (very little) to go away again and then dayyys later I'll finally get it without notice. so, actually I'm out of it for just one week out the month. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]...My doctor has done all kind of tests and said that everything is ok. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Can some one help me???
IH

X-Factor 05-31-2005 04:06 PM

Re: I need major help.....

Well, it sounds like you are just not having such a severe period. Why not relish it? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] If the doc says your good then thats that. If you notice anymore problems then go see him again. Or you could just put on some fat. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

GO ON A BULK!

Tuf 05-31-2005 07:03 PM

That is a common occurrence with female athletes, actually. You can check out the Female Triad article in JHR for a discussion of the mechanisms.

What is your average daily caloric intake?

fitgirl01 06-01-2005 07:12 AM

Thanks X-Factor, but the doctors performed a lot of tests on me and everything came out perfect. And about the BF, two months ago I was 17.3% and went up to 18% and actually got worst.

Tuf, my caloric intake should be 1944 but I'm doing a cycling close to these numbers...
1st day->aprox: 2244
2nd -> 1844
3rd -> 2044
4th -> 1644, then start over again....On my day OFF it could get kind of [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] but overall is really good...and what makes me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] during this time is that I'll go for a "few" cookies right after lunch (specially macadamia cookies)and I hated it....not to mention the moods.....How do I get to the articles you mentioned??
Thanks

getnbgr 06-01-2005 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do I get to the articles you mentioned??

[/ QUOTE ]

Click the 'Main' link on the red menu bar and you should see a link the JHR

lots4waldy 06-01-2005 10:29 AM

You know, when I used to be overweight, I used to get much less cramps. But maybe I grew out of it or something since I'm still young.

magyk 06-06-2005 06:52 AM

When a woman gets pregnant, she needs a certain amount of body fat to maintain the pregnancy. The body will stop menstruating if the body is not equipped to become pregnant and maintain that pregnancy state.

That said, there's nothing wrong with it. My mother was a marathon runner with about 16% body fat and her cycle lasted a day or two and was so light it basically amounted to spotting. But she was done having kids, too, so it didn't really matter.

I'm super glad you got the ok from the doctors!! Good for you. Some people don't take the time to make sure. It shows you care about yourself.

dave12345 06-07-2005 08:27 PM

girls are so hot it makes me crazy,

yea check with your doctor

X-Factor 06-07-2005 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
girls are so hot it makes me crazy,

yea check with your doctor

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA there little buddy.... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

littleamazon 06-08-2005 12:54 PM

Here's the article:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/Amenorrhea.php

Please keep the tone of the thread amicable and respectful. No need for drooling here.

Regards,

Amazon