ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Female Specific Athletic Forum (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Shocking principles (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65965)

littleamazon 04-18-2005 02:58 PM

Shocking principles

Which ones have you incorporated in your routine?

I am currently using Reverse Pyramiding in some exercises for biceps, blasting the muscle from different angles,and from the training guides, Tapering. I love compound sets, supersets but haven't done anything in regards to incorporating posing techniques as shocking method.

How about you girls? *and boys 'cause, they always show up here..lol*

Amazon

Tuf 04-19-2005 03:58 AM

Re: Shocking principles

Right now I'm using a lot of static contraction to help with posing control. Also a lot of drop sets, compound sets and supersets. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

getnbgr 04-19-2005 01:01 PM

Supersets, ascending weight and descending weight sets, drop sets, 100 rep method (rest/pause) on calves and forearms, I like unilateral movements where for an example sset you can work one arm then the other arm and then both arms at once with no rest, love to finish of a muscle group with either negatives or burn outs (little weight with a bunch of reps) LOL I could go on.....

littleamazon 04-19-2005 01:52 PM

getnbgr, I do static bicep curls...Keep on arm on curled position as you do biceps curls with the other hand..then switch the static hold and start doing biceps curls with the arm you had on static first. Then after that, I open my arms to the sides, elbows in close to the body and do biceps curls with palms facing out both arms at the same time. I finish that with concentration curls.. Wew!

Amazon

getnbgr 04-20-2005 12:53 PM

^ That's exactly what I meant with the unilateral movements while one arm (or leg) is going through the movement the other one does a static, then hit both arms together... killer stuff. One of my favorite machines for this is one of the Hammer Strength isolated pull down machines. Forearms get hit on the static big time. Adding another superset (outside curls and concentration curls) on there is a great big OUCH LOL

sweetpea81 04-20-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getnbgr, I do static bicep curls...Keep on arm on curled position as you do biceps curls with the other hand..then switch the static hold and start doing biceps curls with the arm you had on static first. Then after that, I open my arms to the sides, elbows in close to the body and do biceps curls with palms facing out both arms at the same time. I finish that with concentration curls.. Wew!

Amazon

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a really good bicep burn tonight...I think I'll try this. Do you do three sets of these and perform them as a triset then? Thanks!!

littleamazon 04-20-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Amazon

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a really good bicep burn tonight...I think I'll try this. Do you do three sets of these and perform them as a triset then? Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Triset..repeat twice. I throw in two back exercises first, then blast the biceps with trisets. Repeat starting with back again.

Amazon

sweetpea81 04-20-2005 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Triset..repeat twice. I throw in two back exercises first, then blast the biceps with trisets. Repeat starting with back again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!! I'm gonna try this tonight here in about an hour!!! Looking forward to it!!!

Also, thanks for all your help!! I've slowly been uping my cal. and have put on a few lbs., but I guess that's gonna happen and eventually I'll get where I want to be!!! You're an inspiration to me!!

littleamazon 04-20-2005 02:37 PM

Well, there is more stuff where that came from! Email me if you need anything!

Amazon

Vlad 04-20-2005 11:07 PM

If a hot girl exercise in the same "sight field" as me, I usually consider it as shocking method - I mean who wouldn't, I get 3-4 reps more!