ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Training Journal (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AN AGGIE'S JOURNEY (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60530)

AggieLift 04-03-2004 08:58 PM

AN AGGIE\'S JOURNEY

Ok.

I've been working out off an on for a year, but its time to get serious. My diet has improved significantly, but again, its time to REALLY get busy with things.

Saturday night-4/3/04

Heading to the Rec and don't have a spotter. What kind of chest routines are good when going solo?

And.

When I get home, what should I eat/drink? I've read some of the articles on here, and will use all your feedback! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Keep in mind I'm all stocked up on good stuff. Protein shakes, etc..etc.

Peace,
Aggie

whm10 04-03-2004 09:36 PM

Re: AN AGGIE\'S JOURNEY

Good luck! Read the Window of Opportunity article under the Nutrition Tab above if you haven't already.

WatchTheHands 04-03-2004 09:47 PM

I very, very rarely workout with a spotter, and it doesn't alter my routine at all. Just dont attempt any 1 rep maxes or anything. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Lately I've been doing a 5x5 routine for benchpress, though this is more of a strength program...

AggieLift 04-03-2004 10:06 PM

Ok.

Did biceps & triceps.

BI'S:

Preacher Curl
85 @ 10 reps
95 @ 8 reps
105 @ 1 rep

Nautalis
Curl
85 @ 8
85 @ 6
85 @ 3

TRI's
Tricep Pull Down
Did't remember the weight on settings 6-7
*will write this down next time

Tricep Extension (one arm, upright)
35 @ 10 (each arm)
35 @ 6 (each arm)
25 @ 8 (each arm)

Nautilus
Tricep Extension
Settings 5-8
*Will write these down next time

Forarms
Static Grip w/ olympic bar + 50lbs.
Held twice each hand for 30 seconds
Held twice each hand for 15 seconds

Thats my saturday night.
Drinking my shake (Pro Complex - Augmented Protein System, lots of water, then off to a concert w/ friends.

THanks for the input everyone. Please keep it comming! This board rocks.

Peace
Aggie

psaturn 04-03-2004 10:58 PM

One of the writer here said that there was a way to do biceps without a spotter and that is doing one arm at a time and when you reached the failure then the other hands help to get more reps before you reach total failure... that was a great idea !!! Forgot who the person was ...I did use that technique last night.

But I have not use spotter at all since I finished my 40 sessions with the trainer. And I don't have too many friends who are serious at workout like me and who would work out at the crazy hours like mine...

AggieLift 04-07-2004 09:59 PM

I hear ya.

Since the start of my journal, I've been honest and dedicated to my cutting diet. Made a few adjustments according to the good advice I've gotten here.

I'll be picking up the Flaxseed, and Malto/Dextro here in the next day or two.

Tonight's workout:

Leg Press (Upright)

180 @ 10
200 @ 8
200 @ 6

Leg Extensions

3 Sets
*Settings 10-12
**** I need to take a pad/pen w/ me next time (sorry)

Leg Sled

10 @ 240
10 @ 260
8 @ 280

BICEPS

Preacher Curl w/ EZ-Bar

10 @ 95
6 @ 105
2 @ 105

Curl Machine
Freeweight

45 @ 10
65 @ 8
55 @ 6

I only did two exercises for biceps, but I know I tore them up good.

Bike Ride Home
Protein Shake
Simple Carbs
Vitamin

Almost time to eat again...YEAH BABY [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]