ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Training Journal (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The only thing stronger than me is my mind... (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60131)

given_to_fly 01-25-2004 12:31 AM

The only thing stronger than me is my mind...

Hey everyone, my name's Andrew... I wasn't going to start a journal yet because I'm on a dirty bulk as I'm away at school but my buddy Patty Cak there inspired! The school I'm at actually has really good healthy food choice on the whole, but my metabolism is so fast that I need a good 5000 calories a day to bulk right now so I'm not picky with foods like KFC where I can get the carbs and protein but not worry about fat too much. I still eat tons of healthy foods and keep my body in a good anabolic state. (And yeah I'm a big Lee Priest fan despite having a completely different body structure!) Due to my fast metabolism I lean out very quickly so my plan of action is as follows:

January - end of April: full on bulk
May - onward: cut for summer and go into competition shape for one week to experiment for the future.

Quick History: Started training April of 2002 but with minimal results as I worked out in my basement while I started to gain knowledge. Come last September however, I got into my school gym and bam, with the help of this site, and the 24 Workout Mass Blitz, I got my newbie gains. Went from 160 to 180 really fast and transformed my shape with minimal fat gain. Still making slow but steady good gains, and starting to think I've got some decent genetics despite being a hardgainer for so long. You should have seen me before! Every workout I perform is one better than the last.

Stats (as of Jan. 24th):

height: 6'0"
weight: 180lb.
bf%: around 12%
arms: 14.5"
forearms: 13"
chest: 40"
waist: 33.5"
thighs: 23"
calves: 15"

gonna put pics up in the next week.

Here's the split:

day 1 - biceps, triceps, forearms, abs
day 2 - quads, hams, calves
day 3 - off
day 4 - chest, delts, calves
day 5 - back, traps, forearms, abs
day 6 - 30 min. posing

sometimes the muscles like abs and calves and forearms change based on how I'm feeling and what I think could use work.

Supplements:

Mammoth 2500 Weight Gainer
WheyFX Protein Blend
Multi-vitamin/mineral
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Omega 3-6-9 EFAs
Glucosamine Sulfate/Chondroitin
Glutamine
ZMA
Caffeine pills (only if I feel I need them for a morning workout which isn't too often, but they're there ready)
L-Arginine
L-Lysine
L-Orthinine
Creatine (as of Feb. 10th)

Goals:

1. Increase lbm about 10 lbs. on this bulk and whatever fat comes with it is fine. I know I can do it.
2. Increase 4th set squat max of reps from 245 to 305.
3. Increase overall strength. Going to use a strength program soon for probably 2-4 weeks for that purpose and to shock my body.
4. Get my body into competition shape... I'm not gonna put a date on that yet.

comments, critiques, debates, etc. are more than welcome. cheers.

given_to_fly 01-25-2004 01:13 PM

Re: The only thing stronger than me is my mind...

Kind of a weird morning because I got to the gym as it opened and I was the only person in there to workout, but there were about 20 people working on getting their training certification so I had to change things up a bit. I'm going to do two workouts today, arms later on tonight. This morning was the last day of this cycle. Order was messed up earlier in the week due to a shortened workout so Delts were left to finish.

<font color="red"> Calves: </font>

Calf Leg Press - 180x20, 250x15, 320x10

Closed Stance Squats - 45x20, 115x15, 135x10

Seated Calf Raise - #7x20, #8x15, #9x10 drop set #8x10

flexing/stretching between all sets

<font color="red"> Core: </font>

Leg Raises - 2 sets - 15 reps, 15 reps + static hold for 20 seconds

Side to Side Crunches - 2 sets - 50 reps, 50 reps

Crunches - 25 reps

<font color="red"> Delts: </font>

Smith Machine Military Press - 50x10, 70x8, 90x6, 90x6

Upright Rows - 40x10, 50x10, 60x10, 70x8

Rear Delt Raises (db)- 40x10, 50x8, 55x6
last set suppersetted with:
Rear Delt Cables Pulls - #5x10, #6x8, #7x6

Standing Side Lateral Raises - 20x10, 25x8
continued as cheated laterals with: 30x10, 35x10

Side Delt Cable Pulls - #4x10, #5x8, #6x6

Dirty Frank 01-25-2004 11:06 PM

Sounds like you have got a solid idea of where your going! And the determination to get there...One question, how do you feel using the smith machine for the military press, is it because of preference or lack of a spotter?

Keep up the good work!

p.s. can't wait for the next austrian blitz

given_to_fly 01-25-2004 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you have got a solid idea of where your going! And the determination to get there...One question, how do you feel using the smith machine for the military press, is it because of preference or lack of a spotter?

Keep up the good work!

p.s. can't wait for the next austrian blitz

[/ QUOTE ]

Used the smith machine today only because of the trainers thing going on. Usually I like to use dumbbells, but it was cool for a little change.

What's next for the blitz?... Chest was it?

Dirty Frank 01-25-2004 11:22 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Used the smith machine today only because of the trainers thing going on. Usually I like to use dumbbells, but it was cool for a little change.

What's next for the blitz?... Chest was it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, yeah I usually use dbells as well, but when I work out with someone I like to use a barbell, just for a change of pace...and for the austrian blitz we were deciding between chest and legs, so whatever, either would do fine...

given_to_fly 01-25-2004 11:33 PM

I TRIED to do a whole upper arm workout tonight... BUT... again something weird happened on this Sunday... gym closed early and I was stuck in between the bis and tris.. luckily I had completely finished my biceps and was just loading for triceps.. I'll have to finish triceps tomorrow...

<font color="red"> Biceps
</font>

Barbell Curls - 40x20, 50x10, 60x8, 70x6 with 20 second peak static contraction

Incline Dumbbell Curls - 20x10, 20x8, 20x6

One Arm Concentration Curls - 20x10, 20x10, 20x10

Preacher Curls - 43x10 + 20 second peak static contraction, 43x10 + 20 second peak static contraction

lots of flexing and stretching! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Trained on feel tonight, definitely did some things differently, including pratically the first time I didn't pyramid the weights up for a couple exercises. I wanted to see what that was all about. I got my biceps to pump up to 15" which I've never had before, I feel they're looking good!

DoubleHelix 01-26-2004 08:52 PM

hey man nice journal
You should keep track of what you eat too, I just started and id have to say its sort of rewarding looking at it after seeing how many meals youve consumed from the day. Oh and if youre not taking dextrose and maltodextrin in your PWO shake I definetly reccomend it. I just started the other day and it tastes awesome and im sure youve read the window of opportunity on how good it is foryou. well good luck!

given_to_fly 01-26-2004 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey man nice journal
You should keep track of what you eat too, I just started and id have to say its sort of rewarding looking at it after seeing how many meals youve consumed from the day. Oh and if youre not taking dextrose and maltodextrin in your PWO shake I definetly reccomend it. I just started the other day and it tastes awesome and im sure youve read the window of opportunity on how good it is foryou. well good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks bro, yeah I've read the Window... I don't know why I don't take it to be honest. I'm going to get on that. I used to keep track of my diet but because of how hectic everything is for me right now its been tough. I have a really good idea of what I need to eat to consume the proper amount of calories and protein, but maybe once things calm down in a couple weeks after midterms I'll post what I can, be it one day a week just for a snapshot, or more if I can. Thanks for stoppin' by!

DoubleHelix 01-26-2004 10:25 PM

yeah I guess I dont really know whats it like because im a bum. I told my boss that im going away to school and I need certain days off before for orientation and stuff like that. Well last week I checked my hours for this week and it went from 25 hours to a big ZERO. So im off all week and probaly all the way up until school starts. So I wake up early and go swimming then train in the afternoon. How many hours a week do you have?

given_to_fly 01-26-2004 10:42 PM

Sounds like a good day!

I haven't counted my hours this semester, but its around 20. And then on top of that is all the labs and assignments and you name it. I hope I make it out alive.