ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Training Journal (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Chibo's Workout and Nutrition (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29257)

Chibo 12-23-2001 01:18 AM

Chibo\'s Workout and Nutrition

Starting this off here in December. My goals for nutrition are to put on some bulk. Not clear what weight to shoot for, I am going to trial and error this. Right now my dimensions are:

Weight: 75kg
Height: 167cm
Waist: 82cm
BF%: 15.2

Tomorrow I will get some more measurements and my average BW for the past 2 weeks.

Right now I am focusing mainly on my nutrition, but I will also be posting workouts. I plan to start with what approaches a 40-40-20 breakdown in my daily diet, I will see how this goes after a week or ten days. I understand that some people have better results with more carbs. Not knowing really what my body needs I will just have to rely on the helping hand of EXPERIENCE and RESULTS. Comments and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM welcome!!!!

Sunday, December 23
Meal 1: 2 Protein Shakes (50g protein)
Oatmeal (15g protein)

Meal 2: Fried chicken Salad with Italian dressing
Iceberg Lettuce 20cal/carb 3g
2 Fried Chicken Breasts cut-up and thrown in 700cal/carb 26g/Protein 70g/Fat 35g

Meal 4: Chicken and Vegatable Soup
2 Chicken Breasts, boiled 500cal/70g Protein/18g fat
Carrot (in soup) 70cal/16g carb/2g protein
Celerey 5cal/1g carb

From all this I get roughly the following:
1915 calories 292g protein 46g carbs 53g f

Too much protein (shooting for 1.5-2% of BW) and not enough carbs....SOLUTION- take out one chicken breast in meal 4 and and pasta. Also, my carbs for Oatmeal and Protein shakes are unavailable, will check on those later. So from today I have to work on less protein and more carbs???!!??

Oh yeah----Today is rest day from Gym. Tomorrow starts weekly cycle- my choice between Chest/Tris or Back/Shoulders....hmmmmm...I really love both of these days.........

Chibo 12-24-2001 07:17 AM

Re: Chibo\'s Workout and Nutrition

12/24 2001 Monday

Today was so-so at the gym and GREAT in the kitchen!!

Meal 1
Oatmeal 20p 60c 7f 350cal
Shake 25p 10c 7f 210cal

WORKOUT

Post-WO
Shake 25p 10c 7f 210cal

Meal 3 Crab Salad/pasta
Crab (220g) 38p .4c 1.2f 70cal
Dressing .2p 1.1c 9f 61cal
Lettuce ????????????????
Green Onions ??????????????

Meal 4
Shake w/yogurt 30p 30c 10f 340cal

Meal 5 Chicken and Veggies soup

I figured out the numbers, for today I have:
207p 201.5c 64f 2091cal

Tomorrow I will try to bump it up again by a hundred or so calories.

WORKOUT: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Overall, I would put myself at between 60-70% effective today. Chest, well it was chest for me. The redeeming portion was the Delts, I left feeling like I showed them who's boss!!!

Chest
BP 50kg x 10
55 x 10
60 x 7
65 x 3
Moved immediately to
DB Presses (to concentrate on form)
10kg x 12
10kg x 10
10kg x 8 (just the smallest of rests inbetween)

Pec Deck Flyes
3 sets of 10, same weight. I could start to feel the burn at this point, but it was ever so slight. My Triceps had long since woken up (hence the "reverse pyramid" DB presses). It is only rarely I feel a pump in my chest, I must really spend time on bench to get it.

Finally- the money maker: Dips
8/8/6 supersetted with what I call "reverse crunches"- that lower back working thing....god I love the pump in the lower back!!!

SHOULDERS
Lat Raise
4kg x 12 Supersetted with 4 x 10 front raises
half a secs rest then
4kg x 8 (4 x 8 front)

I could really feel my left shoulder leave the realm of "good pain" and go to "bad pain" at this point on the lats, so I moved to
Military Presses
12.5 x 10 (3 sets)
8kg x 10 (2 sets, both hit failure)

TRICEPS

Inbetween exercises of shoulders I was doing
Standing Triceps Raises
(sets of 5kg) and
Cross Face Extensions
(sets of 5kg)
I lost count of the sets, but considering all that my tris had done for me earlier in the workout they were pretty well pumped.

And just cause I knew I was the man after that shoulder workout, went back in after my post-WO punch and racked out a few sets of push ups...All in all I was in and out of the weight room in just a hair over an hour. Still would like my chest to feel as pumped as my other muscle groups do.......

and here are the dimensions that I promised:
Waist 82cm
Chest 104cm
Bicep 29cm (both the same, however the girl who measured it the other week had me at 33.....)
Thigh 49cm (both)
Calf 38.5 (r) 38 (L)
Forearm 25cm (r) 23cm (l)
Neck 38cm
Height 176.3
Weight 74.2
30y/o male

Chibo 12-25-2001 07:12 PM

Re: Chibo\'s Workout and Nutrition

Over ten years ago, in my last two years of high school, my family had a health club membership. I remember that I went quite frequently. Even though my skateboard friends all noticed that I had a big chest, I can see that my time spent at the gym was not so productive- I had no conception of a systematic workout. However, I do remember in the 12th grade being finally able to put my body weight (135) up on bench.

Also, I had no conception of sports nutrition then. Here I am just starting out my first bulk and I can see the truth in the statement "100% workout, 100% nutrition and 100% rest".

Anyways, yesterday's nutrition goals were met,
230g protein 230g carbs and just over 2200 calories.

Yesterday was BICEPS ONLY day, however I can see that Ishould have not done them so close to my chest/shoulders/tris workout. Here is yesterdays attack:

BB Curls
15kg x 10 (3 sets)

Reverse Curl
12.5 x 8 (3)

DB Hammers (concentration style)
7kg x 10 supersetted w/7 x 10 concentration
8 x 8 supersetted w/8 x 8 concentration
9 x 5 supersetted with 9 x 5 concentration

Finishing up with supersets of
Wrist Curls and Behind the back wrist curls
12.5 x 25 12.5 x 25
15 x 15 15 x 15
12.5 x 15 12.5 x 15

My forearms were totally on fire at this point, felt like chunks of metal!!!!!

And just to keep my mind pumped I did
17.5 x 6 (2 sets) of BB curl again

Overall I felt great about forearms, I also flet that my shoulders were helping out too much with the bicep part of the workout- even though I was concentratrating on form. No preacher bench and no EZ-Curl bar at my gym!!!!

Also, I had just come from a very busy day at work- so it was a challenge to keep my focus. Oh well, 4 workouts left in this biceps series, "Where do I want to go from here????!!!"

"Man seldom reaches what he aims for, so he should at least aim high!!" (Henry David Thoreau)