ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Training Journal (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Journal of a boxer-Sweet Science (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29240)

sweet science 12-11-2001 01:28 PM

Journal of a boxer-Sweet Science

I am 5'9" at 148 pounds (not enough muscle!!).
Goals:
Any fat I lose I want to be very gradual...I am pretty skinny right now-The most I would like to burn is maybe a pound of fat a week at the most while gaining muscle mass. I would like to gain another 7-15 pounds of lean muscle by the end of Febuary for the Golden Gloves tournament.
Remember, I am a boxer, so my goals and training/diet are very different from a BB. I do think, however, that I can benefit, (and I have benefitted!!!!!) from this site because of certain similarities that ALL athleates share.

Meal one:
1 cup of Grapenuts or natural oatmeal
8 oz. skim milk
5 egg whites, 1 egg yolk

Meal two:
8-10 oz. lean turkey
2 slices of wheat bread
Apple

or

Tuna Patty
(1 can of tuna, 1 egg white, 1 tbl. safflower mayonnaise, 1 tbl. mustard)
1 cup long-grain brown rice
1 tbs. flax seed oil

Meal four(pre workout):
steak/chicken breast/fish/beef patty
pasta or lentil beans (sometimes both for carb-up)
1 tbs flax seed oil

Meal five(post workout):
Whey Protein shake with 1 tbs. peanut butter
1 banana (for spike)
1 cup of white rice/fast burning carb source (for spike)

Meal six:
Tossed greens/vegatables
chicken breast/tuna fish/lean beef/salmon

Meal seven
Tossed greens/vegtables/eggwhites
chicken breast/tuna fish/ lean beef/salmon
1 tbs. flax seed oil

(Plenty of water all day long)

TRAINING:
Monday:
20 min. jump rope
30 min. shadow boxing/30 min. medicine ball drills
30 minuet heavy bag work
20-30 min technique/muscle endurance drills

Tuesday:
20 min. jump rope
30 min. callasthetics
30 min. bag work

Wendsday:
Weight Training:
Chest, shoulders, back

Thursday:
20 min. jump rope
30 minuet shadow boxing
20 min. bag work
30 min. sparring

Friday:
Weight training:
bicepts, tricepts, legs

Saturday:
Same as thursday

Sunday: off

(I have to change the days I weight train due to certain circumstances-weight training days vary, routines stay the same)

(I train abs every other day with Animal's 8 week program)

I have already tried the high protein/high fat/low carb diet for 2 weeks, but was very very weak at the gym...(not enough carbs!) I think I started burning muscle...(dropped 5 pounds in a week!) so I now try to get as close as I can to a 60/30/10 CPF split. (Close to J. Wilson's suggested). This diet works best for me I have concluded. I fel great plus I still drop fat at a gradual pace. This way I have enough carbs muscle endurance activity and protein to build muscle.

I am also trying to find room for HIT once or twice a week.

I have always had trouble gaining muscle mass. (Genetics?) I would really like to change this. My overall goal is to gain -10 pounds of lean mass.

Any suggestions or help is always welcome.
[img]graemlins/boxing_smiley.gif[/img]

Unbelievable 12-11-2001 08:29 PM

Re: Journal of a boxer-Sweet Science

Hey man that diet sounds great to me! I am 5'10, 155 pounds. I play football, basketball and race motocross. That diet is A LOT like mine.

I have a full body punching bag and im getting a speed bag very soon. I don't plan on doing it in competition but mainly just for fun and carido. (and it would be nice to have that speed so when i have to whip some ***) I would like to join a boxing club but theres not any around here. I just box with friends every once and a while.