ABCbodybuilding

ABCbodybuilding (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/index.php)
-   Online Training Journal (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why do i always feel sick?? (http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29231)

Builder15 12-03-2001 12:41 AM

Why do i always feel sick??

A lot of times in school i feel sick the entire morning until after lunch, and i dont know why this is. My only guess is that my body needs food about every hour and a half or i feel bad, and since i cant eat in any of my morning classes i feel sick. Also sometimes when i just go places i feel sick, anyone have any suggestions on why this might be happening? Im gonna try eating in between classes next week and see if i still fell sick, but if thats not it got any idea what i could do?

flats31 12-03-2001 12:49 AM

Re: Why do i always feel sick??

If you are not getting nutrition, especially being that you are an athlete, you can definately feel nausiated or sick. This is also a common sign of overtraining, which again can be linked to nutrition. And I include vitamin intake and proper hydration in that context as well. Are you getting enough vitamin c, and also are you taking your multivitamins and hydrating yourself.

flats31 12-03-2001 12:49 AM

I think you will see a huge difference next week when you pick up the eating.

Da Kine 12-03-2001 12:50 AM

yea eat in between and do you eat breakfast. make sure you are eating slow burning carbs and good quality protein.

flats31 12-03-2001 12:53 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DaKine698:
yea eat in between and do you eat breakfast. make sure you are eating slow burning carbs and good quality protein.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

excellent point! If you are eating simple carbs your blood sugar will go up and then do a nose dive, leaving you feeling sick!

Builder15 12-03-2001 01:10 AM

yeah for breakfast i usually have fast burning carbs. Can you recommend what to eat for breakfast that has slow burning carbs. I think vitamin c could have some effect on it so i will start taking my vitamin c pills again. Also i get plenty of water throughout the day. I guess i will see what happens next week.

Adam Knowlden 12-03-2001 01:24 AM

Also, heavy and hardcore training can weaken your immune system. Make sure you are getting 3gs of vitamin C per day and supplementing with L-Glutamine.

superman15 12-03-2001 02:47 AM

make sure you are taking a multi-vitamin.

Archetype 12-03-2001 09:03 AM

I used to have a problem like this,
It was when I was around 10 years old... Same thing, every morning when I would wake up for around 3-4 hours I would feel like I was going to throw up. It was disgusting, I got a blood test done and it was nothing, so I would take all of their advice.
It went away after around a year or so.

12-03-2001 10:13 AM

Maybe your pregnant!